Thursday, July 23, 2009

The Essence

I am…
A mixture of a broken past,
Path of rigorous toils passed unto me,
Procreator of an unmatched destiny
Fruit of a harvested soul and wisdom of that, which is old,
Molded from calluses, refined in the crevices,
Birthed in solitude, so my soul in tune may speak.

I am…
Reminded of my peoples forced insecurities,
That I may learn to find my place amongst the marginalized,
And speak of marginal lies,
In exchange granting a tune to escape from your reality
While in reality my soul is forced to mourn in silence.
Knowing that my harmony is constructed not by the fast pace of your drum beats
Refusing the reiterations of my indigenous stories,
Claiming they have no place in your allegories,
Continue to speed the metronome in order to disturb the rhythmic flow of my folklores,
Inviting me to your leftovers,
Hoping dementia quickly sets over my newly formed consciousness
That I may abandon my traditional “foolishness”

To embrace your polishness,
Which to you is the genesis of my exodus to humanity.
But my proximity to the divinity, arouses all that is beautiful within me,

And as you protrude in the vicinity,
I become the indispensable other,
Part of the “other than,”
Redefining “on the other hand”
Speaking trice tongues twicely savored in a single revolution of change

I am…
The drum beats of the sun,
Orchestrating the cyclical birth of existence.
The cosmos likens its constellation to my wisdom ,
And speak seasons into fruition.
I am the indispensable reason in the mastery process of existence.


I am…
The spirit of, Kwameh Nkrumah, Douglas, Guevara, Cabral, Ghandi, Malcom, Martin, Tubman, Turner, Freira, Tutu, Mandela, Biko, Romero, and Marley.
I am love, justice, wisdom, equality, and Freedom
freedom, FREEDOM.

I am…
The restless spirit that is labeled maladjusted,
For only justice may adjust this fragmented tear in the ideological loop seduced by the trustless.
The juxtaposition of that which is, can, and will be,
Calling forth a pragmatic extension in the question of, “Will Thee?”
Reflection that perturbs the encounter with oneself
The wind in the conversation, concocting words into existence,
I am the articulation for the conglomerate of thoughts existing intrinsically.

I was,
I am,
I will Always be,
The consciousness of liberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment